Receive treatment faster with an NHS First Contact Physiotherapist, for patients aged 14 years and over.
- Faster assessment and diagnosis
- Expert management advice
- Suitable onward referrals where required
People aged 14years and over who are registered with any Lowestoft practice can access a First Contact Physiotherapy Service directly without the need to see a doctor.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic initially this service will be conducted over the phone. To access this service please book by contacting your GP Practice and Reception will book you a telephone appointment with a First Contact Physiotherapist.
The First Contact Physiotherapists can assess you and diagnose what’s happening, give expert advice on how best to manage your condition and refer you on to specialist services if necessary. They are confident they will be able to help patients even when conducting telephone reviews at this time due to COVID-19.
Problems the First Contact Physio service can help with:
- All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries
- Arthritis – any joint
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bone e.g. tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains etc
- Spinal pain including lower back pain, mid-back pain and neck pain
- Spinal-related pain in arms or legs including nerve symptoms e.g. ‘pins and needles’ or numbness
- Changes to walking
- Post-orthopaedic surgery
- Patients currently waiting for a normal physiotherapy service appointment/on waiting list
This is an NHS service organised through the Lowestoft Primary Care Network of GP practices.